Inclusive Teaching Practices
The Office of Instruction and Assessment offers multiple resources, professional development programs, and consultations on inclusive teaching practices. Specific examples include:
- OIA Mini-Primer “Inclusive Excellence in Teaching”
- OIA Tutorial “Teaching Diverse Students”
- OIA Mini-Course “Building Intentional Learning Relationships”
- MOOC-Based FLC on Inclusive Teaching
Interested groups are welcome to request workshops or brown bags. Individual consultations are available year-round. Contact: Mascha N. Gemein, Assistant Professor of Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The UA Libraries offer a subject guide on “Inclusive, Culturally Relevant, and Culturally Competent Teaching” with lists of specific scholarship, search engines and search terms, and research strategies.
- Equity, Inclusion & Title IX: "Creating Inclusive Classrooms"
- Disability Resource Center: "Inclusive Classroom Practices.”