Expand your professional network
Gain Real World Experience
Founded in 1992, the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP) is year round paid internship program for all majors. The HNIP, started with 24 students and one federal agency, and currently now places 400 students in federal and corporate internships in Washington, D.C. and field offices nationwide.
Whether you’re seeking an internship with the federal government or in the corporate sector, the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) offers students a variety of opportunities to allow you to graduate with career experience.
For over 27 years, the HACU National Internship Program has partnered with organizations seeking to diversify their workforce.
Why would you be interested in participating in the HNIP?
- PAID Internships! ( $610-$680 per week)
- Free travel to orientation and internship site
- Housing at internship location arranged by HACU
- No application fees
- Professional development workshops and cultural events
Travel and Housing
- Round-trip airfare for interns is arranged and paid by HACU.
- Federal interns can choose to arrange their own housing or can request HACU arranged housing.
- Federal interns in HACU-arranged housing pay through payroll deductions and corporate interns pay via electronic funds transfer
Enrolled in a degree-seeking program (associates, bachelors, graduate or professional degree such as law, medical, and business)
- Recent graduates are eligible if they complete an internship session within 12 months of their graduation date
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Must have completed freshman year
- 3.0 GPA is recommended but not required
Authorized to work in the United States
2020 Internship Dates
|Session||Program Dates||Application Opens||deadlines||Number of weeks|
January 8 - April 24, 2020
|Closed||Oct. 25, 2019||15|
May 28 –August 7, 2020
|Currently open||Feb. 14, 2020||10|
Sept. 3-Dec. 20, 2020
|January 4, 2020||June 5, 2020||15|